EPS foam insulation is a cost effective and extremely versatile building material that can be used in a variety of applications to achieve increased energy savings.
There are several green building programs in North America. A majority of the green building programs recognized in the U.S. and Canada have similar criteria for evaluating environmental attributes with two major considerations: material selection and long-term building performance.
EPS can contribute to achieving green building ratings in the following categories.
Energy & Atmosphere
• EPS insulation facilitates compliance with ASHRAE 90.1-1999.
• EPS can be manufactured in a variety of densities and thicknesses to meet environmental design criteria to deliver a range of R-value specifications.
• EPS has always been CFC and HCFC free.
• EPS is the only rigid foam insulation that provides long-term thermal resistance that does not need to be adjusted for age.
• EPS building systems reduce air leakage for increased thermal efficiency.